Ricovir-em

I just had sex with woman, i really worry about HIV, after I had 2 hours, I use ricovir-em so is that can help me from HIV? So what if I don't have HIV can I use that?

You can take medications after possible exposure to substantially lower the risk of HIV infection-- this is called post-exposure prophylaxis or PEP. Ricovir-EM is a two drug generic combo of tenofovir and emtricitabine (we call this Truvada here in the US) and is commonly part of a three drug regimen used for PEP. Some agencies use Truvada alone for PEP. PEP should be administered by a medical provider who first tests for HIV, since it's important to establish this before starting on meds (especially a two drug regimen); PEP should be started within 72 hours of exposure and taken for 28 days to be effective.

This entire category is devoted to questions about PEP, and I'd encourage you (and readers) to scan for questions and answers.

BY

truvada vs tenvir-em
can you help me?