i wanna drink licorice detox tea

I take truvada, norvir and prezista. I have a licorice daily detox tea but im afraid to drink because of the meds I take. Is it safe to drink this tea on a regular basis or at least once in a while? Please respond and thanks in advance. :-)

Hello and thank you for posting,

It's good to be mindful of the potential drug interactions with your HIV medications and other medications or supplements. In this case is particular good that you asked this question. While most teens do not have significant interactions, I would not advise you to drink licorice tea or other licorice containing supplements. This is because of potential interactions with other medications that are metabolized by the liver cytochrome pathway. Importantly these include your medications Norvir and Prezista.

I hope that helps, be well. BY

Medical Help
Is there really a cure for Hep C?