Medical Help

I am searching on behalf of my husband. He has no appetite, he in a lot of pain. We live in New York. I have been looking for a doctor that will treat him under the list they give from the insurance. I explain his issues no appetite, and I ask if they prescribe Marinol. I haven't had any luck. He has so many medical issues and he said this recommended to him. I looking online and seeing it would be good for him. Getting a doctor to treat him seems to be the problem. Can you refer a doctor in the New York area that can help us. Please. I am desperate. I need help he needs help. Thank you.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Without knowing what insurance your husband has, it's difficult to make any clear cut recommendations.

There are many very good HIV care centers in the New York area, and many are sympathetic to the use of dronabinol (Marinol). What's key is trying to better understand why he's in pain and (therefore, I think) why he has no appetite. Both are common among people living with HIV, and both usually have treatable causes.

I'd suggest starting with your local AIDS Service Organization (check out ASOfinder.com) or the American Academy of HIV Medicine's find a provider referral link (http://www.aahivm.org/).

Good luck, BY

ABOUT HIV WORRY
i wanna drink licorice detox tea