I missed one day of pep
Apr 9, 2014
if I miss one day of pep is that bad? I left the pills in the office and I am wondering if I should go back and get them or is one day ok?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The goal of HIV treatment is about 95% adherence. If you miss one dose of PEP in a month (or 1 in 28 doses), you're at a ~97% level-good enough that the miss should have little consequence.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Erectile Dysfunction After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fever After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Testing Ever Be Wrong?
- Can Penicillin Cure Gonorrhea?
- 9 Month Negative HIV Test
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.