I missed one day of pep
Apr 9, 2014
if I miss one day of pep is that bad? I left the pills in the office and I am wondering if I should go back and get them or is one day ok?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The goal of HIV treatment is about 95% adherence. If you miss one dose of PEP in a month (or 1 in 28 doses), you're at a ~97% level-good enough that the miss should have little consequence.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Red Spots After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Neuropathy After Fingering Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Stinging Pain After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Are Red Bumps All Over The Body A Sign Of An Std?
- How Long Does Fluconazole Stay In Your System?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.