Missed Taking one of Combination Medication for 2 weeks

I have been on treatment since 2002. I responded to therapy very quickly and have remained undetectable since starting medication. Recently I switched from taking Epizcom to Abacavir and Lamivudine (it's cheaper that way on my insurance) with Sustiva. A lot happened in my life and somehow totally forgot to take my Sustiva for two 2 weeks with the Abacavir and Lamivudine. I took that Sustiva as soon as I realized my oversight. Have I totally screwed up? I know I should probably have HIV RNA test done to see where I stand on my vial load at this point. Any research in this area of jus taking Abacavir and Lamivudine alone?

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's clearly not the best to only take 2 of your three medications, yet if your viral load was suppressed before the interruption of Sustiva, it's quite possible that there's no problem.

There are some provocative data that would suggest that two drug maintenance after suppression might work for some drugs. I'd doubt that over the long haul, that using abacavir+lamivudine alone would be sufficiently potent.

The only way to be sure if there's a problem is to have a viral load test done. I'd recommend doing so relatively soon, because if the viral load remains undetectable, then there is no problem. The other hand if the VL is detectable, you would want to know this information as soon as possible and work to preserve future treat options.

I hope that helps, BY

alergy after 2 months of meds
BP medication