Current status of Dolutegravir?

Hi Dr. Young. Could you tell me what the current status of Dolutegravir is? The last I heard it was in Phase III testing. I am currently using Isentress with no problems, but I understand that Dolutegravir is much more potent and less toxic. Will it be available soon?

Dolutegravir (Tivicay) was FDA approved in the US last summer. In first-line therapy, Tivicay and Isentress performed identically (search for the Spring-2 study); in second-line treatment for people with drug resistant virus, Tivicay appears to be more potent virologically.

The toxicity profiles of the two drugs are very similar.

Hope that helps. BY

Early Initiation of HAART 12 weeks after Exposure