Generic Efavivarenz

A couple months ago I began using EFAMAT (Efivarenz made in India). prior to that I was using Stocrin from Australia. When I made the change, I noticed the new generic seemed to have less effect on my brain in terms of the foggy feeling you can get from Efivarenz. I haven't had any blood tests since to monitor my CD4 and Viral Load. My question is, are generic drugs dangerous to use because they lack the potency of the brand names? Should I go back to using the Stocrin?

Hello and thanks for posting.

Efamat is a generic version of efavirenz manufactured by Mylan Laboratories in India. It is a well regarded equivalent to Stocrin/Sustiva and I don't think that there should be any issues with quality. Indeed, Efavmat is a type of efavirenz used in many recent large clinical trials.

Hope that's helpful, BY

Will 4 days of pep effect my HIV test
Early Initiation of HAART 12 weeks after Exposure