Mar 27, 2014
I am tpha positive now. Does it mean that i have syphillis? Is tpha positive will kill me?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
A positive TPHA test means that you've been exposed to syphilis.
Syphilis is easily treated with antibiotics- usually penicillin injections. Talk to your doctor about what the appropriate treatment is for you.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Supplements To Fight Cytomegalovirus
- What Is The Chance Of Getting Herpes From Drinking From The Same Cup?
- What If You Have Sex One Week Before A Herpes Outbreak?
- What Color Is The Discharge From Gonorrhea?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- Treatment Of Chlamydia How Long Before Symptoms Gone
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.