I had an unprotected sex with an Hiv + case on HAART
Mar 26, 2014
Dr. please i am really confused. i had an unprotected sex with a source person on HAART. this was only a one time sex but we kissed deeply. so i realised that she was a case 23hrs later and i took her same regimen of Tenofovir, Lamivudine and Effavirenz as PEP. i don't know if it was the correct decision? and what are the chances that i might have contracted the disease?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Adding a PEP regimen to your situation only further decreases the estimated risk of HIV transmission.
Hope that's helpful, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Woman Recieving Oral Sex From Positive Male Partner
- How Long Does It Take For Hiv Symptoms To Show?
- How Long After Your Affected With Hiv Do You Get Yeast Infections?
- How To Get Rid Of Thrush On The Tongue?
- Jogging For Exercise When You Have Peripheral Neuropathy
- Are Dentists At Risk For Hiv With Hiv Positive Patients?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.