Impact of Missed Dose
Mar 25, 2014
Hi. I am on a once-a-day regimen of EFV + TDF + 3TC, taken at 10PM. I have had 100% adherence until last Saturday when I missed a dose. I only found out until Sunday night.
I am recovering from strep throat (caught it from sick office mates!!), and I don't know whether this affects viral load / replication. Should I worry about the impact of this missed dose and development of drug resistance?
Sorry, but this is really distressing :( I promise to be more mindful next time. Thank you in advance for your answer.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for posting,
Just remember that the goal of medication adherence is 95%. Missing one dose in a month is 1/30 doses or 97%.
Based on this there's no reason to be distressing.
Be well, BY.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Vaginal Sex Without Condom
- Can You Catch HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Tongue After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.