Mar 24, 2014
Dr. ...am on odimune (arvs) 7mnths now can i take selenium supplements.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
There's no particular reason why you couldn't take selenium supplements with your HIV medications. Indeed a recent study suggests that in a low income African country (presumably a place where malnutrition was a problem), selenium supplementation actually slowed the rate of CD4 cell decline before the initiation of HIV treatment.
How this observation translates to your particular situation isn't clear.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
- Tiredness After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Get Crabs With Condom On?
- Can You Get Genital Warts On Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.