Resistance testing

Is it customary to have a patient stop anti-retrovirals in order to do a resistance test? First stopping Truvada, for a month, and then after the month, all other hiv Meds (per doctors orders)...

Hello and thank you for posting.

Usually, HIV resistance testing should only be performed when there is detectable virus in the blood.

I'm confused by your question. Did your doctor asked you to stop only your Truvada? This seems irregular to me. I can't imagine a situation where I would request only partial discontinuation of a treatment regimen. On rare occasions we would ask it to stop all the medications and then test for drug resistance as the HIV viral load returned.

I would recommend clarifying the instructions with your care provider.

I hope that helps him please feel free to write back. BY

I MISS MY RUVADA DOSE, N RITROVIR ,COCKTAILS
aids