Conflicting info-------reaction

Thank you a million times over Dr.Young!! I appreciate your response. Surprised at how quick. But again, very thankful. The reason I ask is I ok. Is because I have a difficult time swallowing pills. Very difficult time. But my nerves are a little at rest knowing I can chew my med. Because I was afraid I had one of the meds that you absolutely cannon chew or crush. Even though it didn't say so in the packaging. I wish I could give you a hug for the relief that you have given me this afternoon. In case I didn't stress it enough thank you from the bottom of my heart. I don't know what I would've done it you told me I couldn't chew it. But very elated tht I can. Have a good day doctor and bless you for your dedication. If I may ask one other question. Do you think we will ever have a cure for this? For the adults that is. Red about the babies. And extremely happy with that miracle. I also read somewhere that thy could be possible shots as the med to replace pill consumption. Is that true? Or false advertising. Sorry for the run ons and questioning. It just happened to pop in my head. Have a blessed day

Hello and good to hear back from you.

1) I do believe that HIV is curable. Only in recent years have we learned of the possibility of eradication of HIV from infants. We'll still need additional discoveries to learn how to translate these observations into real world solutions, for both children and adults- this will take time, patience and persistence.

2) No false adverts. There are very active programs that are exploring very long acting injectable formulations for HIV treatment. Two drugs (rilpivirine and an investigational integrase inhibitor, GSK744) have shown tremendous promise. The later is also being investigated as a possible once-monthly HIV prevention (PrEP) medication.

Hope that's helpful and stay in touch, BY

find treatment
Hiv transmission from undetectable viral load