|Conceiving a child
Mar 21, 2014
My husband is on ART for 5 years but not me even though i am positive I have a very good cd4 count. Can we conceive a child in this situation when one is on medicine and other is not
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Absolutely- there's no particular reason why you and your husband cannot have a child. Indeed, many positive families have healthy (and HIV negative) children.
It would be recommended that you go on HIV medications in your second trimester of pregnancy, in order to prevent your child from becoming infected.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Time Duration Of Shingles?
- What Is The Earliest Time Frame Of Wart Formation After Exposure To Hpv?
- Is It Bad To Scratch Shingles?
- What Can You Take After You Have Shingles To Keep From Getting It Again?
- What Can I Do For My Immune System To Keep From Getting Shingles Again?
- Testing For Chlamydia With Urinalysis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.