|Asking about my test result (post PEP test)
Mar 20, 2014
I got a test (12wks after exposure, and 8ks after finishing PEP) Result was negative. My doctor said This result is 99.9% reliable but I have to get a test at 6months after exposure.
Should I get a test 6months after exposure? or just 4wks later?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Most experts say that a test three months after exposure is definitive. Some management guidelines suggest doing testing at six months.
In your case I think that the test 12 weeks is sufficient.
I hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Penis After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can Pap Test Show Signs Of An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.