Please Help! Conflicting info? Don't know what to do.

Hello Doctor... Recently (4 1/2 weeks ago)received news of my infection. Quite sad about this. Being that I was always careful and always used condoms. But that's beside the point now. I've been doing a lot of reading and have a lot of questions about some things. But my number one question, is it ok to chew your medicine. I've read some people on the forum that have problems swallowing pills. I, like them share this same scary ordeal. Therefore was wondering, is it ok to just chew the med my ID doc prescribed. It's complera. I've read some places including here that it was perfectly fine to do so and it wouldn't change it's effectiveness. However I have also come across some contradicting advice that says not to chew, or crush. But to take whole. I've heard that you are one of the great doctors to go to. (Virtually that is) that will give you real and sound advice. Please help Dr. young. I don't know what to do but I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing that I would be just as good chewing it. I know you probably stay bombarded with questions. Do answer at your earliest availability to do so. I thank you kindly in advanced

Hello and thanks for posting.

Yes, we're bombarded with questions (but that's a good thing).

And yes, it should be fine to chew your Complera. I always ask though, why you'd want to chew the pill- it is because you aren't comfortable swallowing pills? Is it because of pain? Some people, even adults, have never learned how to effectively swallow pills. If that's your situation, check out this medical website's advice.

Hope that helps, BY

Syphilis Treatment Recovery
urgent help/advice needed