Elite carriers

I'm a 47yo Caucasian male. I was diagnosed HIV+ in 2010. My C4 count was 475. I was immediately placed on ART and have always been undetectable with 475-800 C4's. Also I have never been sick. Am I an elite carrier?

Hello and thanks for posting.

It's difficult to know if you're an "elite controller" based on the information that you've shared.

Typically we define such people as those who have very low viral loads when off treatment. Treatment that is initiated very early after infection (but this is not necessarily right after diagnosis) can help increase the likelihood of this happening.

What is clear is that if your CD4 count is now in the 800 range, your health prospects are excellent, with an expectation of a normal life expectancy and only limited, if any, added HIV-specific health risks.

Be well, BY

Factors in lifespan with CD4 350+ versus 350-
cd4 count about my sister