Mar 16, 2014
I am on Atripla, but want to start using fenugreek, can I use both tabs together?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
The first question is why you want to use Fenugreek. According to our National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, there is little scientific support for its use, other than possible benefits for non-insulin-dependent diabetes.
Since, the herb is not FDA-regulated, so it's drug interactions, safety or effectiveness have not been established. It's difficult therefore to answer your question about interactions with Atripla.
On balance, I wouldn't recommend it. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does A Woman Who Have Hiv Or Aids Get Their Period?
- What Does Hiv Rash Look Like Around The Mouth?
- Where Do Shingles Appear On The Body?
- What's The Likelihood Of Somebody Getting Herpes From Protected Sex?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.