OK Guy

I am on a regimen of Crixivan 3X per day, Epivir 2X per day, and Retrovir 2X per day. I am having great difficulty in getting in my afternoon dose of Crixivan. I take 800mg. 3X per day. Can this regimen successfully be changed to 2X per day in order to simplify my regimen. Furthermore, I would like to consider going to a 1X per day regimen. I was recently diagonsed, (Feb. 2001) and this is my first drug regimen that I taken since Feb. 2001.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Your regimen can definitely be simplified to twice a day, but the data on once a day is less clear unless you are willing to change two drugs in your regimen. By adding some ritonavir, the indinavir can be simplified to twice a day, without a meal restriction. Since this is your first regimen, you should discuss using either 400 mg ritonavir with 400 mg indinavir or 100 mg ritonavir with 800 mg indinavir. Some of my patients prefer one, while others prefer the other. To get to a once-a-day regimen, you would have to consider changing to Videx EC, Epivir and Sustiva. This is the only once a day regimen that has a significant amount of data to back it up, and is the only one I would currently recommend outside of a study.

Mocrea Fraud?
What does this mean from here!