drug interaction

I'm on emtricitabine/tenofovir and presently I have malaria and my doctor prescribed artemether/lumefantrine.please is it safe.is there any form of drug interaction?. Thanks

Hello and thanks for posting.

There are no significant interactions between your malaria medications (Coartem) and the FTC/tenofovir (Truvada) that you've listed.

I'm a bit concerned though- are you taking the Truvada for pre-exposure or post-exposure prophylaxis, or for treatment of HIV infection. If the later, the two drug combo pill is insufficient treatment, as all current HIV regimens should include three medications.

Hope that helps, BY

Restarting treatment after approx 5 years off while on methadone
Propolis and Eviplera