Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

3rd time writing, question for Dr Young.

Feb 27, 2014

Doctor Young, I have some questions regarding HIV: Could you please explain me this experience is risky / not .

on Nov 5,2013 , I did vaginal intercourse with a prostitute girl 2 times but using condom for each intercourse, after finish I checked the condoms by filling it with water . I don't see any spurt come of the condoms . In the middle intercourse I did touched her fluid (I'm not sure if it is vaginal fluids / blood because it was dark), the fluid was on her thigh ,and I have a one day old cut on my finger (about 1 cm and it was still red, hurt when being pressed but not bleeding), soon after I realized that the fluid made contact with my cut, I pressed my finger to a blanked to clean the fluid , I didn't clean my hand until after the intercourse finished.

on Dec 3, 2013 I did vaginal intercourse again with another prostitute girl also 2 times and using condoms for each one, this time the girl who put the condom on me but I made sure that she leaves a few room for sperm but she did touch inside the condom (the one that will be on head of my penis) , again after finished I check the condoms and filled them with water and don't see any spurt from the condoms, but it has a drop / two when I squeeze them. each intercourse were lasts about 20-30 minutes.

My way of using condoms are putting them before my penis got into contact with vagina and always leaves a few room for sperm but I usually wait for a few minute after ejaculation before withdrawing my penis from vagina and never hold the base of the condom while withdrawing, but the condoms always still cover the head of my penis when I remove it . also my erection use to come and off during intercourse but I always keep on thrusting until my erection come again.

on Dec 11,2013 , I got sore throat that last 4 weeks even after I took 2 series of Cefadroxyl (it was my doctor's prescription), on Dec 12 , 2013 , I got diarrhea but only last one day and on early Jan 2014 I got night sweats after I took allergic medicine (my doctor think that my sore throat is because allergic so she gave me allergic medicine), the night sweat was only last one night. ( I didn't tell my doctor about my sexual experience).

I used Durex extra safe.

BTW this isn't my first experience, I was had broken condom and tested negative after at least 6 months.

my question : 1. does my condom use can be said proper condom use ? 2. can condom got tiny holes that I'm not aware of / due to friction because I never use any lubricant (i.e the water drop is because the tiny holes )? 3. vaginal fluid / blood that I touched during intercourse risky ? 4. Is there any danger because my erection come and gone but I still thrusting ? 5. does my symtomps is hiv symtomps ? 6. is there any risk because the girl touched inside the condoms (i.e if she was touching her vaginal fluids before put the condom on me) 7. do u warrant me to be tested for hiv / no ? Sorry for a long letter, thanks in advance Dr Young.

Response from Dr. Young

Sorry, this forum is dedicated to answering questions that help people deal with important questions about choosing HIV medications. Because of the tremendous volume, I can't answer the "do I have HIV?" questions on this forum.

BY

Previous
Pep change from stocrin to raltegrivir?
Next
taking all of your medicine once in a day

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.