Pep change from stocrin to raltegrivir?

Hello doctor. Iam on day 7 of Pep, following vaginal sex with hiv+ woman. Regimen is Tenofovir 300, Lamivudine 300 and Stocrin (efavirenz) 600. I have read that Stocrin is no longer preferred. Its giving me awful side effects. Can I change to Raltegrivir? Roth.

Hello Roth and thanks for posting.

Yes, efavirenz isn't recommended for PEP here in the US (though commonly used in other parts of the world for this purpose).

You could indeed switch from Stocrin to Isentress (raltegravir) if the side effects of the efavirenz remain a problem for you.

Be well, BY

Prezista, Norvir, + Truvada What Time Is Best?
3rd time writing, question for Dr Young.