Pep change from stocrin to raltegrivir?
Feb 25, 2014
Hello doctor. Iam on day 7 of Pep, following vaginal sex with hiv+ woman. Regimen is Tenofovir 300, Lamivudine 300 and Stocrin (efavirenz) 600. I have read that Stocrin is no longer preferred. Its giving me awful side effects. Can I change to Raltegrivir? Roth.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello Roth and thanks for posting.
Yes, efavirenz isn't recommended for PEP here in the US (though commonly used in other parts of the world for this purpose).
You could indeed switch from Stocrin to Isentress (raltegravir) if the side effects of the efavirenz remain a problem for you.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Whats The Difference Between Hiv And Full Blown Aids?
- 9 Month Hiv Window Period
- Odds Of Contracting Hiv After Having Unprotected Sex Twice
- What Does It Mean When A Hepatitis C Test Is Non-reactive?
- Ethical Issues On Improper Disclosure Of Protected Health Information On Patients With Hiv Or Aids
- When You Have Hiv When Do You Lose Your Appetite?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.