Efavirenz to Rilpivirine switch

Hello doctor, I've been on Stocrin and Ricovir-EM (generic truvada) for a little over two years now. The Stocrin related dreams are really getting worse and my partner says I am starting to talk more in my sleep and one time actually hit him. As I pay out of pocket, Raltegravir is not really an option and I have low level resistance to PI. Edurant on the other hand is cheap here. Can I switch out the Stocrin component for that? VL undectable without blips for two years from a base of 10,000 copies prior to treatment. CD4 22% and high 400's. Kidney and liver function in normal ranges and steady, good lipid profile. Thanks.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Switching from efavirenz (Stocrin/Sustiva) to rilpivirine (Edurant) should be perfectly acceptable- indeed, this switch has been studied and reported to help improve side effects.

Let us know how the switch works for you. BY

restarting a prescription
Increase in CD4 Count