Feb 19, 2014
Hi good day doc I am HIV pos for 9 years, I am on zidolam n. However I have not taken any meds for the past 2 months now. What are my chances of developing a resistant? My last cd4 was 600 and viral load undetected. Thanks in advance.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Since you were taking the fixed-dose combination of AZT+3TC+nevirapine and interrupted all three medications at the same time when you had an undetectable viral load, there should be no risk of developing drug resistance.
Hope that helps, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting AIDS From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dizziness After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Someone Get Std If They Get Fingered?
- Does Bactrim Treat Chlamydia?
- Does HIV Die When Diluted In Water?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.