hiv and pep

Hi! Pls I need advise. Pls dont publish my name and email on the web.

I was engaged in unprotectd sex in Nov. 2012. Realising my stupid mistake, I went to A&E and 12 hours after sex, I was placed on PEP for 28 days. I dont know the guys HIV status. I completed the PEP, it was a nightmare, the side effects were terrible. I was tested on the following occasions: 1. 5 months after completing PEP - NR 2. 8 months after completing PEP - NR 3. 10 months after completing PEP - NR 4. 13 months after completing PEP - NR On all four occasions, I tested Non Reactive. The hospital used two Rapid Antibody Tests (Unigold and Alere Determine) on all four occasions simultaneously. I was told that PEP may delay seroconversion. With four Non Reactive tests and over a year now, I have started to put this behind me. For the whole of last year I had severe depression and everytime I feel ill I think about HIV. Recently on line, I read that Rapid antibody tests (the one I took, Unigold and Alere Determine) are inappropriate and that EIA or ELISA should be used for individuals that completed PEP. The nightmare is on again. Sometimes I just feel like giving up. Do you think the Rapid antibody tests I took post PEP, 5, 8, 10 and 13 months are appropriate and conclusive? I am scared to do more tests. I havent had any sexual activity since completing PEP in December 2012. I cant manage the anxiety anymore. Pls do not publish my name and email.

Hello and thanks for posting.

PEP doesn't delay seroconversion. All that's needed is a HIV antibody test 3 months after your exposure.

You're multiple tests many months past this point are conclusive. Period. Negative.

(And don't worry, you didn't post your email address or name, so I can't, and wouldn't anyways share them.)

Be well, BY

Resistant to gonorrhea treatment?
missed medication