Resistant to gonorrhea treatment?

I have been suffering from painful urination for close to three months now (without any discharge). In the first month i completed a round of doxycycline. During the second month I had a round of levofloaxacin while awaiting my full STD check results. When the results came out, my blood work showed non-reactive to all STD's, however a urethral swab test showed a minor presence of gram negative coccobacilli 1+. My doctor then gave me a rocephine shot and a course of erythromycin which I have since completed. It has been 1.5 weeks since the rocephine shot but I still suffer from painful urination (not severe and no discharge). Does this mean I have developed a resistance of the medication? What would be the next course of action? This is causing me severe stress and sleepless nights.

Hello and thanks for posting.

If I read your words and test results correctly, it's not clear that you have a persistent urinary tract infection at all. The "minor presence of gram negative" bacteria doesn't indicate infection, rather, it likely simply means a contaminant of the specimen. Ask if your urine specimen also had high levels of white blood cells. Since WBCs are the body's way of fighting infection, if these aren't present in the urine, it's unlikely that there was a infection in the urinary tract. (It's remarkably common for people to overlook this simple fact.)

If you have persistent painful urination, I'd suggest that the cause might lie elsewhere. A nice medical summary of the causes of painful urination (dysuria) was published a few years ago in American Family Physician. Indeed, as the article and your last sentence suggests, stress disorders and depression can be causes of this symptom.

Hope this is helpful, BY

Ways to detox liver naturally
hiv and pep