Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

pep qestions
Feb 18, 2014

i had a possible exposure today at 11am. insertive anal sex there was a slight rip in the tip of my condom when i pulled out. i took off the condom then washed off and went to the emergency room got a script for kaletra 200-50 2 tabs 2X day, zidovudine 300mg 1 tab 2X a day, and lamivudine 300 mg 1 tab once a day... had to go to 3 different places before all were filled i took zidovudine at 1pm then the lamivudne at about 2pm then i got my kaletra at 4pm and took the 2.. what time tonight should i take my other 2 kaletra and my other 1 zidovudine?? and starting tomorrow should i take the first daily dose all together(4 tablets) and what time would you recommend taking them? thanks for your help

Response from Dr. Young

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your PEP medications can be taken at the same time- so you would take 1 Kaletra, 1 zidovudine and 1 lamivudine tablet together. Just take them twice daily- for example in the morning and evening. You need not be so concerned about the particular hour.

It's also best to take these particular medicine with food in your stomach to help minimize side effects.

Hope that's helpful, BY

Previous
drug resistance
Next
3 Weeks pregnant on Atripla

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.