For World AIDS Day, read about stigma, criminalization and more >>

pep qestions

i had a possible exposure today at 11am. insertive anal sex there was a slight rip in the tip of my condom when i pulled out. i took off the condom then washed off and went to the emergency room got a script for kaletra 200-50 2 tabs 2X day, zidovudine 300mg 1 tab 2X a day, and lamivudine 300 mg 1 tab once a day... had to go to 3 different places before all were filled i took zidovudine at 1pm then the lamivudne at about 2pm then i got my kaletra at 4pm and took the 2.. what time tonight should i take my other 2 kaletra and my other 1 zidovudine?? and starting tomorrow should i take the first daily dose all together(4 tablets) and what time would you recommend taking them? thanks for your help

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your PEP medications can be taken at the same time- so you would take 1 Kaletra, 1 zidovudine and 1 lamivudine tablet together. Just take them twice daily- for example in the morning and evening. You need not be so concerned about the particular hour.

It's also best to take these particular medicine with food in your stomach to help minimize side effects.

Hope that's helpful, BY

drug resistance
3 Weeks pregnant on Atripla