|Pep efficacy after 2 hours of exposure
Feb 18, 2014
Is pep Less effective if taken more than two hours after exposure? I keep reading on different sites that pep should be initiated within the first two hours following the exposure. I started pep at 13 hours... Would that decrease its efficacy as oppose to having started the treatment earlier? Thanks for your response
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
PEP should be started within 72 hours of exposure. While it makes sense that the sooner you start, the better, there's no scientific evidence or clinical trials that answers this question.
Since you started at 13 hours, you're well within the recommended time window.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Effective Is Pep If Taken 24 Hours After Exposure?
- The Effectiveness Of Pep After 24 Hours
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Hpv After Kissing Cut On Lip Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.