Pep efficacy after 2 hours of exposure

Is pep Less effective if taken more than two hours after exposure? I keep reading on different sites that pep should be initiated within the first two hours following the exposure. I started pep at 13 hours... Would that decrease its efficacy as oppose to having started the treatment earlier? Thanks for your response

Hello and thanks for posting.

PEP should be started within 72 hours of exposure. While it makes sense that the sooner you start, the better, there's no scientific evidence or clinical trials that answers this question.

Since you started at 13 hours, you're well within the recommended time window.

Be well, BY

condom burst and on pep
Is Zerit necessary with Truvada and Kaletra