Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Choosing Your MedsChoosing Your Meds

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

hiv or aids
Feb 12, 2014

Hi i was diagnosed on may 5th 2013 with aids my cd4 was at 20 and my viral load was at 10 million i was not sick at all just had serve night sweats i have been working very hard to change my life now my cd4 is at 325 and my viral load is 100 my question is i have been dateing someone for the past month i have told them i was hiv postive but now things are getting serious do i tell them i was diagnosed with aids or hiv my doctor said just say hiv i dont wont to hurt this person by them thinking i was hiding something from them please advise

Response from Dr. Young

Hi and thanks for posting.

Seems like you're making a terrific recovery from very advanced AIDS. I'm with your doctor, but it's a subjective thing.

Yes, you have HIV, and once were very sick (or at least your immune system was) but aren't any longer. It's not necessary to disclose the AIDS, IMHO.

Be well, BY

Previous
Can I take my ARV's a little later in the evening?
Next
chrolophyl and Hiv drugs

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.