PrEP for HPV or is Gardasil enough?
Feb 8, 2014
Hi Dr. Young,
I was wondering if there exists a PrEP for HPV or if Gardasil is the only answer to that option? Or, better yet, is there a dual HPV-HIV PrEP?
Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
I love the idea of HPV/HIV PrEP, but alas, there is no pre-exposure medication prophylaxis for papilloma virus; only the vaccines against HPV.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are Ways To Prevent Getting Herpes?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- Topical Antifungal For Angular Chelitis
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Vagina
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.