Feb 5, 2014
After donating blood I received a letter stating: HIV1/2 SCR Reactive HIV1/2 R1 Reactive HIV1/2 R2 Reactive HIV12AB Reactive
I told my parents about it and they said it was nothing but I just want to be sure. Help please?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Sorry to say, but I believe that this letter says that your HIV 1/2 antibody tests (SCR= screen, R1 and R2 are two separate panels, and AB is an overall interpretation) is positive.
Usually, we'd perform a second confirmatory test to be sure.
I'd suggest speaking to a care provider or case manager about your situation and best options for getting medical follow up.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get HIV From Touching An Open Scab?
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Bloody Nose After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Foreplay Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.