|Cure for AIDS?
Feb 4, 2014
What is with the patent # 5676977?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
First off, a patent is about an intellectual idea, not proof that something works (or is safe or effective).
This particular patent purports the use of an injectable "tetrasilver tetroxide semiconductor" that kills circulating HIV and therefore cures the infection.
A quick search of PubMed (from the NIH's National Library of Medicine) using the terms tetrasilver tetroxide and HIV yields zero hits. This suggests to me that there's been no substantial success with the strategy in the 17 years since the filing of the patent.
If anyone knows otherwise, please feel free to write back. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Headache After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sinus Infection After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After French Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.