Haven't taken Atripla in 3 days (last dosage was for Friday).

I called to get my Atripla refilled and the pharmacy was unable to fill my prescription because they do not offer the Medicaid program in my state anymore. I went to my doctor to see if she was able to provide me with extra emergency medicine and I was told that she did not have any. I haven't had any medicine in 3 days and I am uncertain when I will be able to get a refill to continue taking my medicine and I am extremely worried that I will not be able to take them if I don't get some immediately. So am I safe being that it has been 3 days? Tomorrow makes 4.

While having interruptions in treatment isn't ideal, if all HIV medications are interrupted at the same time (as would be the case if you're taking Atripla), then there is little risk of problems.

In the worst case, your virus will reemerge, perhaps causing some symptoms. Fortunately, this usually takes upwards of a week to occur.

I'd suggest checking with your case manager or the Atripla patient assistance program to see what alternatives for medication coverage exist for you.

Good luck, BY

Diarrhea affect ibilex 500 absorption?
Cure for AIDS?