KS versus fungal meningitis

Can meningitis cause leasons My husband was just diagnosed with fungal meningitis but he hs leasons on his brain and lungs q mass in his heart... His v load was.10 almost a month ago cd4 not sure. He is only 39. We live in SE Oklahoma and have to travel 3 hrs to the doc. I am his wife of 9yrs and a CNA I also am AIDS poss. Been dealing with my status for 28yrs yea me!!! Anywho please help me understand this I'm confused.... Thank you the stewarts

Hello Ms. Stewart and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband's health. It's important for this discussion to know what fungus is causing the infection; among the most common causes fungal meningitis is Cryptococcus.

It's important to know that fungal meningitis is not contagious and requires long-term treatment with medications.

As for the lesions on his brain, lung and heart, it's tough to guess what the causes might be, but a rapid and detailed diagnostic strategy is in order.

In their sum, your husband's health issues would appear to be very serious, and I'm guessing that his CD4 count is low; he needs prompt attention and treatment of the opportunistic infections and immediate treatment for his HIV if he's not already receiving it.

Please feel free to write me back with any additional details or questions. BY

Recently diagnosed hiv +
Thank You Nelson!