|Isentress/Truvada PEP length of treatment
Jan 27, 2014
Naturally, I'm pretty anxious right now so I've been reading anything and everything I can get my hands on. Forums, published studies, you name it.
Most of what I've read states that most PEP regimens last for at least 28 days. Should I be worried that I only have pills for 21 days?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hi and thanks for posting.
Yes. PEP regimens are supposed to be 28 days (4 weeks) long.
I'd speak with the prescribing provider about the discrepancy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Can Chlamydia Cause Pain During Sex?
- Can Moles On Your Vagina Cause Cervical Cancer?
- Chlamydia Effects In Men If Untreated
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.