|Switching from kaletra/truvada to stribild
Jan 26, 2014
STRIBILD is a prescription medicine used as a complete single-tablet regimen to treat HIV-1 in adults who have never taken HIV-1 medicines before.
Should I be concerned since I've taken HIV medications before?
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thank you for posting.
The "never taken HIV medications" clause is mostly an artifact of how HIV medications are approved by the FDA. If the Truvada+Kaletra regimen is your first, and there's no concern about drug resistance, then any medication regimen approved for such treatment-naive situations would still totally apply.
So, no. If this is your situation, I wouldn't be concerned.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Mouth After Swallowing Precum What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Itchy Balls After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Balls After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- How Much Damage Does Chlamydia Cause At 6 Months?
- I Have A Bump Under My Skin On My Vagina Is It A Std
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.