Jan 25, 2014
Doc. My doctors have told me that I have Herpes Zoster,and suggested me to no to go to the office for 7 days at least. Can u please tell what other precautions that I should keep in my mind along with having famtrex 250?
Response from Dr. Young
Assuming that your only symptom are the skin lesions, you are contagious until the vesicles (blisters) are crusted over. With the VZV medication (Famvir/Famtrex), I'd expect you to be well on your way to healing within the 7 days.
Hope that's helpful and get well soon, BY
Changed my schedule for taking efavirenz
Switching from kaletra/truvada to stribild
- Can You Get The Hiv Virus From Drinking Out The Same Cup?
- Aids Hiv Myths Facts And Truths
- How Much Acidophilus Should I Take For Thrush?
- Safety Precautions To Take With People Living With Hiv
- What Underlying Conditions Cause Candidiasis?
- People From Which Age Group Are More Likely To Suffer From Opportunistic Infections
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.