In Reference to taking 900mg prezista

I had asked if it is ok for me to be taking 900mg prezista since only 300mg is available and you had said it is not the preferred dosage, would it be much better for me to take 600mg prezista /100mg ritonavir twice a day? Another question is that, am in Swaziland and the cases of T.B. seem to be on the high side, is there any vaccination that i can take to prevent T.B and how many times a year do i have to get vaccinated?

Hello and thanks for posting.

With regard to the Prezista dosing, I don't think that there's a wrong approach. Either 900 mg/100 mg once daily or 600 mg/100 mg twice daily would both be acceptable, yet the second strategy yields a twice daily regimen.

Regarding TB, one of the most effective ways to prevent tuberculosis disease is to have a healthy CD4 cell count- for coinfected people, this means being linked to care and when appropriate, to be on HIV medications (and having an undetectable viral load, if testing is available). Increasing HIV treatment coverage has been shown to reduce rates of HIV in communities.

In many countries (but not the US), BCG vaccination is offered to some individuals (usually babies) to prevent TB meningitis. It's not very effective in preventing TB of the lung and is not given to people with HIV infection.

BY

Atripla or pep
ARV all regimen response ends