Safe to consume?
Jan 23, 2014
Hello I recently read an article on an hiv drug made from an uranium isotope derived from a palm plant species. I would like to know is it safe to ingest uranium in the body in the liquid form?
Response from Dr. Young
What you're reading about is a pure hoax from Jamaica. There is no published scientific literature on the use of uranium on treating HIV. Ingesting uranium is a bad idea- it's not only radioactive, it's a toxic metal that causes organ injury.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Does Being Exposed To Herpes Mean?
- What Are The Chances Of Transmitting Chlamydia After One Time?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Or Warts From A Safe Exposure With A Prostitute?
- What Antibiotics Can Be Used To Cure Chlamydia?
- Vinegar And Water For Bacterial Vaginosis
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.