zithromax interaction with pep medication

dear dr

I had an encounter with a sex worker in kenya, insertive vaginal sex and the condom broke I noticed after about 5-10 secs and stopped immediately. I took the lady to the hospital to get her tested and she was negative. however I asked to take pep medication incase she caught hiv recently. I was given combivir and aluvia. I was also considering taking zithromax to kill a bacterial infection if there was one present. however im worried the zithromax will have an adverse affect. my main concern being it will cause the pep medication to be less effective ? could you please advise me on whether zithromax is ok to take with combivir and aluvia

many thanks for your time

Hello and thanks for posting.

There are no significant interactions between azithromycin (Zithromax) and your HIV PEP medications. Indeed, azithromycin is actually recommended for prevention of certain bacterial infections for people living with HIV who have very low CD4 cell counts.

Be well, BY

PEP Side effects, reversible?
viramune, stocrin, and truvada