liquid diet before exam
Jan 14, 2014
I have to be on a liquid diet for two days for my colonoscopy. Some of my meds need to be taken with food. What should I do?
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
Liquid diet should safely substitute for solid food in most situations. In the worst case, you could hold (all of) your medications, but that generally isn't required.
I'd suggest speaking to your pharmacist about your particular situation and medications.
Be well, BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can A Cbc Tell If There Is Hiv On A Person Who Has Not Been Tested For Hiv?
- Hiv Testing Serum Result
- Will The Doctor Call You If Your Hiv Test Results Are Positive?
- How Long After Being Infected Does It Take To Test Positive For Hiv?
- How Does Hepatitis Affect The Liver?
- Does Peripheral Neuropathy Cause Foot Drop And Toe Curling?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.