HPV and HIV

I am 50yo man and been HIV non-progressor for about 10 years. I had a routine colonoscopy and they discovered a small lission in the anal canal took a biopsy and said it turned out to be low-risk HPV. Now I need to go to a surgeon to have it removed. Besides being embarassed, I am worried about the treatment. The doctor advised me that because of the size of it, there will be little pain. Can you give me an opinion on this, I dont know when I got it or for how long and they couldnt tell me either. I am very embarassed and it is like being diagonsed with HIV all over.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Papilloma virus infections are very common- both among the positive and uninfected populations.

It's not entirely clear from your post what exactly the lesion was. There are a range of lesions, but it sounds like yours was either not malignant or low risk for malignancy.

Removing the lesions can sometimes be as simple as infrared (heat) or cyro (cold) therapy; sometimes the lesion requires surgical excision. Either way, small lesions, especially those that don't require surgery are typically removed in simple and brief procedures.

Hope that helps, BY

Arv side effects (aluvia and truvada) Follow up and thanks to you and the whole team
ARV's and breastfeeding