Arv side effects (aluvia and truvada) Follow up and thanks to you and the whole team

I was exposed to HIV on the 27 August 2013 and i tested HIV negative on the 31 December 2013, LANCET LAB using ELISA fourth generation. I was thinking that the exposure to hiv seroconverted my status. The big question is that i am not sure if the results are false negative at four months. What about 6 months window period? Do i still have to test at 6 months to confirm my status? But i feel much better although still waiting for 6 months test. Many thanks Dr Ben and your team.

Hello and thanks for posting again.

A forth generation HIV test looks for both antibodies (like earlier HIV tests) and HIV proteins. As such, the tests are able to detect infection during the window period.

If you had a 4th gen test at 3 months and have had no other exposures, your negative. Done.

Nothing prevents you from getting additional testing, but with regard to your exposure in August, there's no need, nor need for further worry.

BY

What is the dosage (one or 2 tablets) of viraday or aleptra for a single day at PEP ?
HPV and HIV