Risk of getting infected after completing PEP

Hi Dr.,

Good day to you and thank you in advance for taking time to answer my question. 7 weeks ago I had a male to male sexual encounter where I was the insertive party. I wore a condom but sometime during the 10-15 minutes activity the condom broke and I didn't realise it. The hiv status of the receptive party is unknown.

I started PEP within 15 hours of potential exposure. I was told to take 1Truvada & 1Kaletra in the morning and 1Kaletra in the evening. During the 4 week period I kissed about 3 evening kaletra intake by a few hours (once 60 minutes and twice about 90-120 minutes), will this be a problem.

It has now been 3 weeks since I completed my PEP treatment (9/12/13 being the last day) when can I get myself tested and with me missing the intake of tablets in time three times, will that be a problem?

I am extremely anxious at the moment. Please advise Dr.

Hello and thanks for posting your question about PEP.

After a possible HIV exposure (with or without PEP), you should receive HIV antibody testing 1 and 3 months after the exposure.

Missing 3 doses out of 60 equates to 95% adherence. This level of adherence should be very effective.

Hope this is helpful, BY

am i worrying too much
viral load +