Follow up question on one drug for PEP

The drug that was prescribed for my PEP was Aluvia. It seems as it is two drugs in one, but still i feel not satisfied with the prescription. Since i finished my PEP i am experiencing all hiv symptoms and i am scared to go for hiv test. Do you think that Aluvia alone is enough for PEP? i think my GP does not understand PEP.

Hello again,

There are scant symptoms that are specific enough for one to be sure about "HIV symptoms", such as generalized lymphadenopathy or meningitis and even these aren't specific to HIV; indeed, even a common cold will produce similar symptoms. Many will think that their exposure could have been to HIV, forgetting that they could have just as easily been exposed to a wide range of other sexually transmitted infections (like mononucleosis, papilloma virus, herpes or hepatitis viruses), or just another infectious agent, like influenza, norovirus or giardia).

While your apprehension about getting HIV tested, you've already crossed a major medical threshold in getting PEP, getting the needed follow up testing is the only way to know if you're infected, or to put your mind at ease. HIV testing is recommended at 1 and 3 months (and not thereafter).

Aluvia is one active HIV medication and a pharmacologic booster. It's not two functional medications. If you've already finished your PEP treatment, there's nothing else to do-- and even if Aluvia isn't recommended as monotherapy, you're well past the window of time when there's any adjustments to treatment to be made.

BY

One drug for pep
Striblid Side Effects