Post Exposureprophylaxis

I anm in Thailand and have been given the use of Stocrin or (efavirenz) to be used in combination with Combid300 (which is a combination of Lamivudine 150mg and Zidovudine 300mg) I was told to take one Combid300 in the morning and then one Stocrin (or Efavirenz) and one Combid300 together in evening at 12 hour intervals ... Is this an effective treatment for Post Exposure Prophylaxis ? Thank you in advance for your help ... And I await your reply ... Kind Regards

Hello and thanks for posting from Thailand.

While here in the US, we typically use a different (non-efavirenz) containing PEP treatment (because of side effects and the risks of transmitted efavirenz-resistant HIV), your regimen should be effective in preventing most HIV infection.

The timing of the meds need not be exactly 12 hours apart, but merely twice daily (for example, in the morning and at bedtime).

Hope that helps and feel free to write back. BY

Why so MUCH drug resistance without warning?
HIV AND LIFE EXPECTANCY