SIDE EFFECTS OF PEP-ALUVIA AND TRUVADA

I had an accident of condom slipping off while having sex with an HIV Positive lady on the 28 of August, I had a contact with her Vagina for about 25 seconds with my penis unprotected. The i used PEP and it was so harsh on my body, since i finished my PEP i can still feel that i am not a normal person i used to be. I do not know if the cause is PEP medicine or HIV itself may be as a result of PEP Failure. My baseline HIV test was Negative but now I am afraid to test because of what i am feeling. Do PEP side effects take that long? Please answer me. I am confused that now i am going to die.

Hello and thanks for posting.

Your exposure seems of very minimal risk for HIV infection.

It not typical for medication side effects to persist more than a few days after treatment discontinuation. It's also entirely possible that you may have acquired another infection (other than HIV), but without more specifics about your symptoms, it's pretty tough for me to say anything more specific.

If you're not feeling well, I'd strongly suggest seeing your care provider. BY

post exposure prophylaxis
Low dose depression meds