HLA B5701 does this mean I have HIV

I recently got my genome done, and it said that there was a 94% chance I had the HLA B5701 marker, does this mean I am HIV+ without knowing it?? I have gotten tested twice since I sent off my saliva to be tested (finger prick), and they have both said I was negative. Worried I am positive without knowing it and am merely in the window period.

Hello and thanks for posting.

In short, no.

The HLA B5701 marker is a human gene, not a viral gene. It's relevance to HIV is that having a positive test for HLA B5701 means that one's risk of developing an allergic reaction to a HIV medication (abacavir) is high.

BY

Lipid profiles keep rising
12 Monthly or 6 Monthly?