combivir and truvada

Hello Doctor, two nights ago I had unprotected sex with a sex worker in a very high risk area (Kenya). The next day I went to the hospital and started combivir and aluvia. that next night I went back to the club and found the women and we went for a test together. we both tested negative. I understand though that there 6-week to 3 month window time so its still possible i may have been exposed. Im also taking depakote, xanax, and prozac for dression and anxiety. Im very worried about drug interactions and already dont feel well on the PEP. In your opinion do think I need to continue the pep knowing she tested negative even though there is a possible window? thank you very much for your time.

With knowledge of your partner's negative HIV test, it seems like you had a relatively low risk exposure. Yes, there's a possible window period, so that might tip the balance towards completing the PEP treatment.

As for interactions with your other medications, no need to worry. Neither Combivir or Truvada have any significant interactions.

Hope that helps, BY

HIV TYPES
Lipid profiles keep rising