Dec 19, 2013
Hi dr Young Can you simply tell me:How many types of HIV do you know or known(except hiv 1 or 2)meaning is there anything other than that or beyond.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While there are two species of HIV (1 and 2), there are many different subtypes or clades. This is a nice review of the subject.
Hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Bloody Nose During Seroconversion
- Does Sore On Tongue Mean I Have Hiv?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Blood In Urine After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.