Dec 19, 2013
Hi dr Young Can you simply tell me:How many types of HIV do you know or known(except hiv 1 or 2)meaning is there anything other than that or beyond.
| Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
While there are two species of HIV (1 and 2), there are many different subtypes or clades. This is a nice review of the subject.
Hope this helps. BY
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Could One Swollen Tonsil Be A Sign Of Hiv
- What Do The Rashes Look Like On A Person With Hiv?
- Can You Be A Doctor If You Have Hiv?
- Can I Get Hep C From Swallowing Semen?
- When You Have Genital Herpes How Often Will I Break Out?
- On What Part Of Your Body Can You Have An Outbreak From Herpes
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.